Colliers in Australia supports development of sustainable buildings with unmatched capability.
Colliers International has long recognised the critical role that the property industry needs to play as the world responds to the challenges of climate change and environmental sustainability. Given our role as one of the world's top property service providers, we have actively provided leadership on sustainability since 2001.
Our leadership in sustainability extends from addressing the impact to our clients and their assets across Australia and globally to our own business operations. Colliers International actively supports the development of the property industry's knowledge and capability with regards to sustainability.
Our green achievements include:
- We were the first property services provider to be listed on the Corporate Responsibility Index;
- We are an inaugural member of the Green Building Council of Australia and Founding Member of the World Green Building Council;
- We were the first member of the City Switch Green Office program to achieve a 5-star NABERS Energy rating in all of its tenancies participating in the program;
- Our Lifeblood Program initiated in 2006 engaged hundreds of Australia's leading landlords and tenants in discussion about the office building and workplace requirements for the future;
- Our Real Estate Management business has worked to improve the environmental performance of buildings across Australia. Our Office Leasing team was the first property agency team to pre-commit tenants to a 5-star Green Star building in Australia – Tower 1, first stage, City Central, Adelaide; and
- Our exclusive strategic partnership with Global Carbon Systems enables us to offer to our client’s access to industry leading best practice sustainability software and portal.
Best practice green building management
Colliers International understands that good environmental outcomes are best achieved through quality property management and optimising property performance. Our facilities management personnel have gained important insights into best practice management of “green” buildings nationally and our philosophy of continuous improvement ensures that each project leverages this acquired knowledge. We manage our buildings with a focus on achieving and maintaining NABERS and BEEC ratings while maximising the energy efficiency of every building under management.
Clients benefit from our focus on improving the long-term performance of their assets and tenancies through practical measures and we practice what we preach by minimising the impact of our own operations.
Measurement and monitoring of environmental outputs are essential tools of effective property management. Colliers International has developed a suite of environmental sustainability planning and management tools which provide a platform for the measurement, management and improvement of the environmental performance of properties under our care. These tools include our Footprint check list, Envirometrics measurement and reporting tool and the development of sustainability plans. Underpinning all of these is the fundamental premise that good sustainability outcomes are derived from good management practices, which are part of our team’s day to day approach to service delivery.
Looking for commercial real estate? Try our property search or connect with expert commercial real estate agents today.
Get the latest commercial real estate insights and property news.