Wanderribby Feedlot – Top 5% in national feedlot performance
5945 Princes Highway, Meningie, South Australia 5264
Agribusiness For Sale
Land Area: 20,000,000.00 m2.
Wanderribby Feedlot is a renowned southern Australian beef finishing facility located approximately seven kilometres south of the lakeside town of Meningie in South Australia’s Upper South East.
With a licenced capacity of 8,000 standard cattle units, Wanderribby is an extensively accredited cattle feedlot with considerable additional capacity, expansion potential, and has fed cattle for a range of major clients and domestic and export feeding programs for in excess of 20 years.
A major advantage of the facility’s location is the ability to locally source large volumes of feed grain and hay as well as quality livestock from throughout the Limestone Coast region and Victoria’s Western District.
The mild maritime climate provided by the Southern Ocean and Coorong system, a 140km lagoon supported by fresh water flows from the Murray, Lake Alexandrina and Lake Albert, is a major contributor to optimum livestock health and performance that Wanderriby Feedlot enjoys, placing it in the top 5% in performance of cattle feedlots nationally.
Important features of the feedlot include:
• Close proximity to major meat processing facilities – Thomas Foods and Teys Australia.
• Access to overseas markets via the port of Adelaide, 200km to the north-west.
• Fully automated weighing, data collection and reporting systems.
• Experienced management team.
• Secure water supply from Lake Albert (150* mega litres per annum)
Surrounding the feedlot is more than 2,000* ha of quality grazing country with extensive road and laneway systems for ease of livestock movement and management.
There is more than 1,000* hectares of established Lucerne pastures and a similar area of native grass pastures which are currently thriving as a result of the significant rainfall that southern Australia has enjoyed in recent months.
- 8,000 standard cattle units.
- 85km* to abattoir and 180km* to port.
- 2,000*ha of prime grazing country.
||Coorong District Council
Open in a new window