Small-scale broiler chicken farm
630A & 630B Redbanks Road, Kangaroo Flat, South Australia 5118
Rural and Agribusiness For Sale
Land Area: 9.30 Hectares. Floor Area: 9.30 Hectares.
Century Farm is a small-scale, free-range broiler chicken farm located at Kangaroo Flat, less than eight kilometres north-west of Gawler and around 55 kilometres north of Adelaide CBD.
The total land area of the farm is approximately 9.308 hectares.
• The four sheds feature both tunnel and curtain side ventilation systems.
• The farm is contracted to Baiada Poultry, one of Australia’s largest chicken meat processors.
• Sheds 1 & 2 are 85 metres in length x 12.91 metres in width, shed 3 is 102.5 metres in length x 12.91 metres in width and shed 4 is 97.5 metres in length x 14.3 metres in width. The chicken processor pays on a total floor area of 4,911.94 square metres.
• The farm was original developed as a conventional style broiler farm and has been converted to a free-range farm, featuring outdoor irrigated and shaded range areas for the chickens.
• There are two houses on the property, the main bungalow style home and a second home of timber-frame construction for a manager or extended family.
• Baiada has requested certain upgrades to the farm. Details of which can be obtained from the agent upon request.
• Three-phase electricity, mains water and bottled gas are connected to the property and there is an 85 KVA generator for backup power.
- Four free-range broiler chicken sheds.
- Two houses.
- Less than one hour drive from Adelaide.
Open in a new window